Review of Greenhouse Effect
Class #7 (Wed., Feb 2)
If you have a laptop or tablet that you can bring to class and connect to the internet, I recommend you do so today so you can work along with me in using the online models.
No new reading for today.
As you prepare for class, think about:
- What makes some greenhouse gases more powerful than others?
- What are the important differences between the layer-model approach to calculating temperature and the skin-model on pp. 45–46?
- How does band saturation work? How can you recognize saturation in MODTRAN?
- How do you use MODTRAN to calculate the effect of doubling CO2?
- How do you use the full-spectrum model to calculate the effect of doubling CO2?